- A system that automatically identifies and tracks the migration of cells from biological specimens using high-resolution confocal and two-photon laser scanning video microscopy. The individual cells are identified using a Laplacian-Gaussian Convolution filter and algorithms are used to separately track the movement of the cells frame by frame. Data about the cell migration is provided via vector plots, acceleration and velocity profiles, statistical analyisis, and 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional multiple track images are provided.
- An image-oriented system for interactively processing data from dot-blot hybridization experiments. Algorithms are provided for image manipulation from phosphor imaging and automatic classification of successful hybridizations.
- Created a protein data base where the sequences have been converted to profiles (hydrophobicity, accessible surface area, etc...) and then subjected to Walsh-Hadamard transforms. An interactive system for viewing and statistical analysis of the data is provided to achieve quantification and assessment of the classification behavior of groups.
Some Wonderful Things
- A list of Usenet FAQS
- Objectivism the philosophy of Ayn Rand.
- Shake, rattle & roll. SCEC the Southern California Earthquake Center.
California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125.